I Was Only Five/Writing

 

 Hi guys Seamus here.
This post is about my friend and my writing(Go check out his blog. It is ethan1sfoa.blogspot.co.nz)It is about a kid called Gerry who is captured and goes to a concentration camp and he escapes and he makes a friend on the way. But I will only be showing you 1 chapter.
Hope you enjoy it.
Have a good one and see you later alligator.    


I Was Only Five


Chapter 1
The deafening whistle

I was only five when the Nazis took over Holland. It started in the middle of the night when the bomb sirens started wailing. I woke up immediately and got into some clothes and ran downstairs. My Mum, Dad and Brother were waiting for me. My mum had grabbed some board games and a deck of cards and my Brother (who was 9) had lots of food and my dad had a huge bottle of water. We ran down into the musty cellar and turned on the light it flickered and then sparked to life. We all got under the table in the middle of the room. My Mum said not to panic then we heard the deafening whistle of the bombs falling suddenly there were hundreds of thuds on the ground. About two minutes later there were the roars of fighter planes above us and the constant sound of machine guns.



About 10 minutes later everything was silent the all clear siren went so my dad said it was safe to go outside. My brother and I raced ahead of mum and dad. We opened the front door and walked out my parents shortly behind us and they gasped. There were tiles that had fallen off our roof there were fires everywhere. My brother and I decided to take a look around we went into the backyard. I saw something in the bush so I yelled “Mum, Dad”. They came racing to the backyard and I said there was something in the bush so Dad and I walked over to the bush there was a bomb that hadn't gone off.
After a while we noticed a swastika on it so we called the police and they talked to the dad. The policeman said
“We will get the bomb disposal squad income to take the bomb away at 10:30am tomorrow”
“But what if the bomb goes off?” I said/Gerry
“Lets just hope it doesn’t”Said the Policeman





Hope you enjoyed and it would be very much appreciated if you could comment and look at more of my work.

Have a good one and see you later alligator.   

Comments